
Nope,
that is not what I wanted.
Let me start again.
HI! I am Michelle, no one special really, just me. In a nut shell I think I am a pretty ordinary person. I am a bit shy when I first meet people and I am known to just sit there quietly most time but get me started on something and I really get into it if I am passionate about it. Some may say that I am a bit on the crazy side leaning towards the witch side if you get my drift. I am the second oldest of EIGHT children, with very dysfunctional family....at least I think that might be one word to describe us. I married my best friend, Bill, in June of 2002. We brought our daughter Ashtyn home April of 2006 and finalized the adoption in May of 2009.
Lets get back to the point of me doing this blog. I find I have a lot of things that I want to post about from something that may be on my mind at the moment, a craft project that Ashtyn and I are doing, more then likely a lot of blogging about my crafty habit that I have like the blanket I just put together for Ashtyn. You just have to stick around to see what I can come up to blog about next. As for this post I start with that blanket I referred to.
I bought these two yards of fleece material (a yard a piece of each color/pattern) with thoughts on making them into a blanket for her (or maybe 2 of them) but I just never got around to it and they sat in a box in my closet. That was until this morning when I finally figured it out. I found a site with instructions on how to make a knotted blanket and it was a no sew one at that. I really was not in the mood to sew, seeing that I just finished a detailed pattern blanket for my niece Kerri's new baby girl earlier this month. She is a cutie by the way! Back to the the fleece blanket, one side is pink camouflage print and the other in white with I heart Mommy and I heart Daddy( in purple, green, blue , and pink). I laid it out one on top of the other cutting a 4 by 4 inch square from all for corners and then 4 in cuts about 2 inches apart all the way around. Once all this was done I tied the two 4 inch strips together in a double knot, repeat until I was back at the first knot I tied together. Ta.da...Finished. Very easy and quick. I think I just might make some more of these type blankets.
I will be starting another blanket in the next few days. Hoping to have it finished by the time my sister in law Jenny goes in to have her baby boy. Once again another pattern being used on this one. I planning on making it into a rag quilt. I have done a lot of looking at different websites, pictures, and even a video on how to make it and it looks like it is going to be easy to do this one as well. Plus, I wanted to see if I could do it because a friend of mine asked me to make some lap quilts for her as Christmas gifts for her grand-babies. So if this is another quick one to do then I think I could get them done in time. Still not for sure if they both with be rag type or if I might do one of them in the knotted form. Either way I'll worry about that later.
I got to leave y'all for the night, it getting late and I still need to go eat some dinner. Till the nest post.
I like your blog so far. It's very honest and very you. Glad you decided to start writing again. Sorry if sometimes I make you feel things you thought you'd left in the past. I know what you mean about baby announcements. Denise blurted out that Kerri was pregnant to me on the day before valentine's day this year. I cried for like 3 hours nonstop. I was very bitter about it for months. Of course I love her and the baby, but sometimes I can't help but wish it would've been me that annouced a pregnancy that day. I look at her now and think to myself that if things were different, I might have had a baby her age right now. But it's useless to think that way. Anyways, good luck and maybe things will get easier for y'all and for us!
ReplyDelete