I am not sure where to start or what to think.
Hubby and I start TTC again. I started by going to the my OB/GYN to get checked out and to make sure everything looked good. I had been having some bleeding issues (like month long or more periods that were in my opinion sporatic). He ordered an ultrasound and blood work which all showed eveything to look okay and no reason that I could not proceed. The only thing that he felt could be the problem was that I was not ovulating so he prescribed Clomid 50 mg from day 5 to day 9. I had told him that I was concerned about the heavy flow of my period so he prescribed me lysteda to help with this which I love but am wondering now if it just makes it lighter for the time that I am taking it then goes back to the normal flow that I am use to.
So on to the TTC part. On Sept. 24th I started the first day of my new cycle which meant that we could start the clomid this month on day 5 (Sept. 28th). We started just as the doctor said but I was still spotting on the day he said to have love making time so we pushed it off till the next morning Oct. 5th. and again a few more times (6 more to be exact) till what I thought to be my next cycle (Oct. 24th). We did not think nothing of it I was bleeding it was a period to me the normal cramps and back ache like always. I did not think of the 2 days that I had extremely sore boobs back on the 13th and 14th of Oct. or when I started smelling things around the house first thing in the morning that just weren't there or no one was up that early cooking. It was not until hubby suggested that I take a HPT test and so did another family member just to see if I was pregnant. I just kept saying there is no possible way I am bleeding and not just lightly I was flowing. I did however test the next morning Nov. 5th and low and behold a damn POSITIVE, a blue plus sign..."are you flipping kidding me" is all I could think. Per request of my Aunt "mom" Karyn I went to the store and bought a different brand of HPT and tested again this time 2 bright pink lines, yeppers I was pregnant. I now am growing concerned because of all the bleeding and slight cramping that I was having. By the next evening the pain (cramping) that I was having was just not going away and so off to the ER we went. After waiting for almost an hour they finally get me to the back I talk to the nurse give them my info and what is going on, take my urine for yet another pregnacy test (positive) then we do some more waiting. The nurse comes back and asked if the doctor had been in and she had not. Before the doctor came in they took me to have an ultrasound which I wanted to punch that lady in her face because she was pushing and poking me and I was already in so much pain. After that I get back to the ER room where the doctor finally comes in does an exam and they also took like a handful of blood to have tested for eveything under the sun.
By now we are overly tired from all the waiting and the fact that it is now like 3 am on Monday morning and we are wondering if we are ever going to get out of there because the kiddo is at home with grandma and will be getting up soon for school. Finally the doctor comes back in to tell us that my HCg level was at a 151 and everything else looked ok, never saying that I was miscarring or anything of the sort just that i was having vaginal bleeding and pain. I go home with instructions to be on a clear liquid diet until the pain goes away and to follow up with my OB/GYN.
I was still confused and happy and shocked not knowing what to think about any of this. I call the doctors office later that morning and set up to see the doctor and forgetting the to mention that I had been to the ER and having to reschedule the next day so that I could be seen sooner. I went in Wednesday Nov. 9th. Once again I was poked and prodded this time by my doctor, he did not find anything on the ultrasound that would make him concered and he did say that it was still to early for anything to show up on the ultrasound. I had more blood drawn. He did tell me that there was some bleeding and that my cervix was closed (which is a good thing). We talked a bit on things and he said that it is in gods hand and if the case is a miscarriage at least we know that I can get pregnant. Still not saying that I was miscarring. We go home with instruction to come back on Friday for more bloodwork. I called them the next day to see where my HCg level was and was told that it was at a 35. We did go back on Friday for more HCg bloodwork I am thinking about calling them on Monday to see what the results from that test were. I do have a follow up appointment this coming Friday to talk to the doctor and I am going to ask a few more questions one is going to be what did he mean that my cervix was still closed.
What has me confussed about all this is that I never thought to ask him what it means that my cervix is still closed. I did do some research on the net to see what other people were saying about this and it is a mix of things. Some say that yes it would be a miscarriage even with the cervix closed others say that that is not the case and I also read that a closed cervix just means that it is a threatened miscarriage. A threatened miscarriage just means that there was a threat but it did not happen. Women who have had this threat of a miscarrige are still pregnant and have healthy babies.
I just a ball of messed up emotions right now. I am not sure what to think, was it a miscarriage or is it possible that I am still pregnant. I trying to stay positive and keeping my head up and not letting this get me down. I would just like some answers. I need to know so we know what we need to be doing next.
What are your thoughts on all this? Need some input...PLEASE!
Edit*** forgot to mention that the bleeding has stopped and I have no more pain.
Unfortunately you are going to have to be patient. Write down your questions so you don't forget what you want to ask the doctor.
ReplyDeletePray that God will give you strength to handle whatever the outcome may be.
We
Love you Michelle.
i am not an expert. and i dont know if you are or are not having a miscarraige. i pray you are not. but i can tell you when i kept thinking that i was going into labor with my son, that my doctor checked me and said my cervic was still closed ,so i was not in labor. i hope this might help you a little. i will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
ReplyDeleteMy heart goes out to you and Billy! I went threw this back in 1997 it tore threw me! I to went over a month or yes your pregant no your not pregant!!I thought how could these doctors allow you to live on this emotional roller coaster! Friday the 22 second of August they told me they were 99% sure I was mis carring but lets wait for the blood work on Monday! I knew I mean I felt the baby was dead inside of me! I went all weekend with a dead baby in me! Monday came and it was confrimed we set up the DNC Tuesday!This was over whelming and took my life in a tail spin 10 years after the fact I was about to move on!! All I can say is if you need someone to talk to I am here!! Praying for you!
ReplyDelete